Saturday, September 5, 2015

An Introductory Post

Here it is! My little nook of the internet.

Hi blog.

I'd like to make a proper introduction, but I do detest doing things like this so I won't. This is my blog,  and I make the rules.

To make things simple, let's just pretend we know each other, and let me just tell you about what's been going on in my life.

I'm visiting my parents in Albany, New York right now. I love being here, but I miss my Hubs. His horribly long work hours coupled with the time zone difference is putting our chit-chat time to a bare minimum. Ok, bare minimum might be a slight exaggeration but it sucks a lot. How do long distance relationships even function?

To be honest, sometimes I get off the phone with him and I literally don't remember a thing we talked about. But that's not really the point, is it? For the last week, 6 month old Preston has refused to fall asleep anywhere but on top of me. I keep thinking a cushioned mattress has to be more buoyant and comfortable, but he will wail and wail until I position all of him flat on top of me. I suppose this and that are the same idea. We both just want to be comforted by what is familiar, whether it be the sound of a steady heartbeat or the voice of my beloved...

Hm. This post is taking a sad turn. Life isn't sad at all. Tomorrow is a very exciting day. My mom and I are having a ladies day (spa + shopping day trip)! I love that I get to enjoy all the things I never really have opportunities to enjoy while I'm in California with her. I love spending time with my mom, and I love that we do this kind of thing even after I've "grown up".

Ok. Now it's WAY past my bedtime. I need to give Hubs a wake up call at 8:30am so I bid you good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment