Monday, September 7, 2015

A Very Special Spa Date



I have to say... each time I visit my parents, it breaks a heart to see the wear and tear that owning a family business (20+ years) has done to them. I see it in the lines in their faces, the calluses on their feet, their sapped energy at the end of the workday. Things are finally easier financially, but not much in any other capacity.

To get away from the daily grind, I thought it would be a nice treat to take day trips while I was home, so we got a chance to visit Lees, Boston, Lake George, downtown Albany. All of these trips were 

I also happen to know how much my mom enjoys being pampered, and I bought her a gift card to a highly reviewed spa close by for Mother's Day.  Unbeknownst to me, she's waited months for me to come home so we could go together (I should have known...) so that's what we did today!







1. Snapped a quick shot before I unrobed and slipped under the bed. It was nice and toasty under there. 

2. I had the cherry enzyme peel  with a complimentary massage, and this was immediately after. I don't have a clue what was being slathered on my face or body, but hey! Smelled nice and put me in a happy daze for the hour it lasted. 

3. Sipped on tea in the outdoor patio for five minutes because it reminded me of a luxury resort scene, and obviously a necessary part of the experience.

4. I was in the waiting area as my mom had her session. They had complimentary beverages and snacks that kept enticing me. I may have picked up one, two, or five cookies.


With baby in tow, we scheduled our appointments back-to-back so we could take turns watching Preston. He napped with my mom and was ready to play by the time I was out. How cute is he lounging like a king in this grown up chair?

The spa time was lovely (who doesn't love being pampered?), but the best part of the day was spending this time with my mom. As a mother now, I can understand the unconditional love my mom pours into me because my love for Preston grows more and more each day; its like a fountain that never stops flowing. I love being a mom, and I am so thankful to my mom for setting the foundation for building and nurturing my own family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment